Follow the instructions below to export all of your SalesForce data into a set of comma-separated values (CSV) files.Note: Only users with the "Data Export" permission can view all exported data.
Step 1: Navigate to the Export Now screen.
Click Your Name | Setup | Data Management | Data Export and Export Now or Schedule Export.
- The Export Now option prepares your files for export immediately. This option is only available if enough time has passed since your last export.
- The Schedule Export option allows you to schedule the export process for weekly or monthly intervals.
Step 2: Select the desired encoding for export.
Step 3: Select the kinds of data to be exported.
Select Include images, documents, and attachments and Include Chatter files and Salesforce CRM Content document versions to include these items in your export data.
Step 4: Select Replace Carriage Returns with spaces.
Step 5: Select the data fields to export.
Under Exported Data, select the types of data to include in your export. We recommend that you select Include all data if you are not familiar with the terminology used for some of the types of data. Note:
- Formula and roll-up summary fields are always excluded from exports.
- If your organization uses divisions, data from all divisions is included in the export.
- If your organization uses person accounts and you are exporting accounts, all account fields are included in the account data.
- If your organization uses person accounts and you are exporting contacts, person account records are included in the contact data. However, the contact data only includes the fields shared by contacts and person accounts.
- For information on field limitations, see the Salesforce Field Reference Guide.
Step 6: Click Start Export or Save.
Salesforce creates a zip archive of CSV files and emails you when it’s ready. Exports typically finish within 48 hours of submission, and large exports are broken up into multiple files. Follow the link in the email or click Data Export to download the zip file. Zip files are deleted 48 hours after the email is sent. The 48-hour time limit doesn’t include weekends, which means if your download file is ready on Thursday at 4 p.m., that file isn’t deleted until Monday at 4 p.m.
Step 7: Upload your data.
Visit https://dataupload.paretoplatform.com to securely upload your data to us. Once your data has been received, our Data Team will contact you and begin importing your data into Pareto Platform CRM.