Step 1 - Download the Software:
Please use the following button to download the Microsoft Online Services Sign in Assistant:
You will be taken to the page below on Microsoft's Download Center:
Click the Download button and you will be taken to the screen below to select which version to download.
You will want to download the 64 bit version of the plugin and install it.
Click Next and the download should start. Please look to see if you get a popup blocker notification similar to the yellow warning bar shown below.If you get this message please Allow the download.
Next step is to download and install the Outlook plugin itself. The plugin version you need is determined by the bit version of the Outlook you have installed.
To find what version of Outlook you have go to File > Office Account > About Outlook. At the end of the first line it will say either 64 bit or 32 bit. (most use 32 bit)
Now Download the appropriate plugin:
Step 2 Install the Software:
Once the download has finished, please run it.
When you see the following screen please click the Make New Folder button and create a folder named ‘CRM Plugin‘, then highlight it, and click OK.
The program will begin to extract the files and then launch the install utility with the following license agreement:
Please check the box to accept the license agreement and click Next, and then click Install Now on the following screen:
The program will begin installing.
Step 3 Launch the Plugin Configuration Wizard:
Once the installation is complete, go to your Windows Start button, and All Programs.Find the new program folder named ‘Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011‘ and click on ‘Configuration Wizard‘.
You will now see the following configuration screen come up:
Step 4 Configure your Server URL:
Enter your custom CRM server address in the Server URL field and click the Test Connection button.(Please note that the URL must include an ‘s’ in the beginning; https://)
Your URL will be listed in the email that you received from us with the subject “Pareto Platform Dynamics CRM 2011 Access Details”.
It will be on the line where it says : To access your platform, go to:
(‘your_org_name’ will be replaced with your custom organization name.)
You should type in all of the server address up to the end of ‘.com’. For example: https://your_org_name.paretoplatform.com
Step 5 Configure your User Name and Password
You will then be prompted for your User Name and Password.
Type in your Pareto Platform User Name and Password.
- Your User Name is usually in the format of firstname.lastname, with a period between your first and last names.
- If you're unsure of your Pareto Platform User Name it will also be listed in the same email that you received from us with the subject “Pareto Platform Dynamics CRM 2011 Access Details”.
- You must have logged into the website at least once and successfully changed your password to be able to complete this step.
- The password is case sensitive, and will contain at least one capital letter.
- If you are having trouble authenticating your User Name/Password, please check your computer's time. It must be accurate to within a couple of minutes to be able to properly authenticate.
- Some Windows 8 users need to enter their User Name in the format of paretoplatformirstname.lastname
Once your User Name and Password has been authenticated the plugin will initialize the organization in Outlook:
Step 6 - Finishing:
Once the initialization is done click the Close button, and then close the Configuration Wizard completely.
Your Outlook Plugin is now installed and configured and you may restart Outlook and begin using it.
For a quick video on how to use the Outlook Plugin, please visit the following link and play the video there: How to use the Outlook Plugin